- we treat all individuals fairly, with dignity and respect;
- the opportunities we provide are open to all;
- we provide a safe, supportive and welcoming environment for employees and visitors.
No employee or potential employee shall receive less favourable treatment or consideration on the grounds of race, colour, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, disability, age or marital status or will be disadvantaged by any conditions of employment or Company requirements that cannot be justified as necessary on operational grounds.
Every employee is instructed that:
- There should be no discrimination on account of race, colour, religion, disability, nationality, ethnic origin, sex, age or marital status.
- The Company will appoint, train, develop and promote on the basis of merit and ability.
- All employees have personal responsibility for the practical application of this Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Special responsibility for the practical application of the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy falls upon directors and managers involved in the recruitment, selection, promotion and training of employees.
- The Company’s grievance procedure is available to any employee who believes that he or she may have been unfairly discriminated against.
- Disciplinary action will be taken against any employee who is found to have committed an act of unlawful discrimination. Serious breaches of this Policy will be treated as gross misconduct as will sexual or racial harassment.
- In the case of any doubt or concern about the application of this Policy in any particular instance, any member of staff or employee should consult their line manager.